Accidents can happen to any of us at any time. But it’s particularly frustrating when we accidentally damage our phones. Sometimes they might get dropped in the bath, trodden on or coffee spilt on them. Or sometimes they just come to the end of their life. But did you know that you could still sell your old phone with Greener Mobile, even if it’s broken and no longer works?
Some measures you could take to help protect your phone
Modern smartphones are built using robust materials, but with the amount of use they get these days, they are still vulnerable to knocks and scrapes. But there are some steps you can take to minimise accidental damage.
- Screen protectors are inexpensive and do a great job preventing scratches and cracks
- There are many varieties of phone case available on the market, choose a sturdy one for maximum protection
- Avoid carrying your phone around in the bottom of your bag, a pocket is much safer
- Phones and water don’t mix well, so keep your phone away from water at all costs!
Mazuma loves to buy broken phones
Even if you’ve done everything you can to prevent your phone from being damaged, we know that accidents still happen. But don’t worry, you might still be able to sell your broken phone to Greener Mobile, even if it doesn’t work. We buy broken phones with all sorts of problems, including:
- Cracked screen
- Doesn’t power on
- Broken microphone
- Broken speakers
- Broken batteries
- Missing batteries
- Faulty buttons
- Unresponsive touch screens
- Excessive scratches, dents or cracks
- Broken SIM card gate
- Corrupted OS or other software issues
Take a look at the How it works section of our website to find out more about how to sell your broken phone to us. Simply follow the usual selling process and when we ask you if your phone is working or not, just let us know it isn’t. We’ll give you a quote based on the model and non-working status, so you know exactly how much you will receive. It’s as simple as that.
Which broken phones won’t we buy?
Whilst we do our best to please all of our customers, there are unfortunately some phones we aren’t able to buy. These include if:
- your phone has been broken in half
- your phone has been reported as stolen
- your phone has been barred by a network
- your phone has been blacklisted by Recipero or AMTA, or doesn’t pass one of their reports
- Other – every situation is different, so there may be a few other circumstances where we won’t be able to buy your broken phone
Why recycle your mobile phone?
When a phone is discarded it usually ends up in landfill, potentially leading to toxins leaching into water supplies and the soil. And with approximately 50 million tonnes of electronic waste generated globally every year, the potential environmental damage is huge.
By selling your phone to Greener Mobile, you know your phone won’t end up in landfill, but instead we will recycle it. We will either refurbish your old phone, giving it a new lease of life with a new owner, or we will re-use its working parts. For phones that aren’t suitable for reuse, we ensure that sound sustainable practices are used to recycle them in a way that minimises any impact on the environment. Plus, recycling your phone means fewer new handsets will be need to be manufactured, saving energy and resources.
Cash for your broken phone
Replacing your broken phone or upgrading your working phone can be expensive, but when you sell your old phone to Greener Mobile you could have cash in the bank on the same day we receive your phone.